Vision & Mission
“To contribute to peace and development amongst the people of Africa’s Great Lakes region, at the local, regional and international level. We work in partnership to create positive change”.
- To be a humanitarian agency that contributes to peace building, development and human rights in the Great Lakes region of Africa (DRC, Burundi Rwanda and Uganda)
- To promote collaboration between migrants and refugees from the Great Lakes region of Africa in Australia and Worldwide.
- To promote partnerships between Australian international agencies in Australia and in the Great Lakes region of Africa.
- To promote partnerships between local agencies in the region and other international agencies around the World
- To act as a consultant agency for humanitarian issues in Central Africa for all Australian and other NGOs wishing to operate in this region.
- To build capacity of Congolese, Rwandan, Ugandan and Burundian non-government organisations/groups in Australia and in the Great Lakes region.
- To research the humanitarian needs of Central African migrants and refugees in Australia as well in Africa and report to Australian humanitarian agencies and other concerned bodies.
GLAPD aims to be a an open and transparent organisation. Click here to view a copy of the GLAPD constitution.
Click here to view the latest GLAPD annual report. (Note. Size= 3 MB).